Greetings Early Decision applicants...and others...
It is about 9:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday, December 13 and I am sitting at home with a splitting headache listening to the soundtrack from the movie "Friday Night Lights." I should actually go to bed, but all day I have had on my to do list a note to post a quick update to the blog. So I will cross that last item off my list, take some Extra Strength Tylenol and then head off to bed for a good night sleep (hopefully).
[By the way, speaking of lists, you all need to remind me in the future to tell you the detailed process I take in creating to do lists and my five different weekly calendars ... Hi my name is Daniel and I am an Over-Organizing addict for 31 years ... Hi Daniel.]
OK, why the urgency to post a new entry...well because we have been bombarded with questions from all you Early Decisions applicants about the release of admissions decisions. So here is the information:
- All Early Decision notifications will be mailed on Friday, December 15. This includes all admit packages, as well as defer and deny letters.
- We will also email decision notifications to those applicants who indicated an email address on their application.
- We will begin sending emails at 6:00 p.m. EST on Friday, December 15. (See below for a reason behind this.)
- If an applicant does not receive an email it is because either there was no email provided with the application, the email address provided no longer works, or a data entry error. Unfortunately, we do not re-send emails, so in such situations the student must wait for the mail to arrive.
- We will not release the "subject lines" of our email decisions in advance. The content of these emails does change from year-to-year.
- Admissions decisions can be released over the phone starting Monday, December 18. We will only release decisions to the applicant, a parent or guardian of the applicant, or the applicant's high school guidance counselor. Decisions will be released only if the identity of the caller can be reasonably assured.
- Decisions about acceptance into the BME major are departmental decisions and therefore we do not release such information over the phone or through email. All Early Decision applicants who applied to the Biomedical Engineering major will learn of their BME decision in their acceptance packets.
A final note: some of you may wonder why we are waiting until 6:00 p.m. EST on Friday to release the email decisions. The reason is we feel that receiving your college admissions decision should be a personal experience that you share with yourself and your family. We do not believe students should be receiving this news in the middle of the school day. So we will wait until the majority of our applicants are out of school (3:00 p.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. EST) to send our email notifications.
Now I am off to bed...